The International Carwash Association held its annual Car Wash Show in Chicago earlier this year. CEO Eric Wulf presented a “state of the industry,” which the ICA has just posted on its website. You can watch the video by clicking here, but we’ll give you the highlights:
1. Membership in the industry association rose for a fourth consecutive year to 2,014 in 2013.
2. The WaterSavers program has 1,200 locations involved, “another year of double-digit growth in that program.”
3. The Wash Count program also had double-digit growth, offering same-store data about how a car wash is performing against the market.
4. The Western Carwash Association is now a partner with the ICA in putting on The Car Wash Show.
5. Wulf believes the upcoming Car Wash Show Europe in Amsterdam this October will help the U.S. industry grow from global ideas.