Professional Carwashing & Detailing magazine published an excellent piece on marketing to millennials this week. We wanted to bring you the article and parse out our favorite lines and quotes. The main thing, Michelle Bizon of Moving Targets told PC&D, is that “millennials want to feel involved and appreciated — not marketed to.”
– “Millennials have a more comprehensive understanding of marketing and an awareness of your dependence on them as consumers. Shortcuts and tricks won’t work on them for long.”
– “Carwashes that use trigger events like birthdays, weddings and relocations will benefit. ‘They’re looking for personalized, customized messaging.'”
– “Millennials are savvier researchers than previous generations, meaning your wash has to prove itself online, on paper and in person, day-in and day-out.”
– “Millennials care about what a company stands for.”
– “Carwash owners should use mobile accessibility to their advantages. This allows millennials to interact with businesses conveniently, shares Bizon.”
– “With Boomers holding the buying power, justice, family and practicality reigned supreme. Now passion, fulfillment and discovery are the ‘it’ values. Waiting for millennials to ‘grow up’ and adopt more traditional beliefs is a game you can’t afford to play.”
Those are just some of the main points. The article is much more comprehensive, and we recommend reading it. Click here.