20217345_10203766278714426_1578959980_n

A car wash business in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, burned down because a customer (or somebody) was using a hand vacuum that plugs into the cigarette lighter, which caught fire. That’s the most likely cause of the blaze, according to police who spoke to the news station WHTM.

But there was also a big contributing factor to the extent of the devastation. The fire might not have taken out the building, and it might not have affected the building at all — except that the woman whose car caught fire then pulled the car into a car wash bay to try to extinguish the flames. Must have seemed like a good idea at the time: Car’s on fire, just wash the car. It didn’t work out that way.

Police said there may have been “explosive materials” inside the car wash that ignited when the burning vehicle was pulled inside, but they’re not too sure on that. The facility also had an apartment on the second floor. That person is now homeless for the time being.

Moral of the story (go figure): “Police warn drivers not to pull a burning vehicle into any structure. They say to keep it as far away as possible from any other structure to keep the fire from spreading while you call the police.”